Support Services for Seattle Central Students with ASD
SAILS support services are designed to help Seattle Central College students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other learning differences. SAILS helps students develop learning strategies personalized to their individual strengths and needs.
Some of the support services we provide include:
- Weekly tutoring sessions
- Personalized learning strategies and study skills
- Campus and registration navigation
- Development of self-advocacy skills
- Collaboration with professors and advisors to track student progress and facilitate degree completion
- Partnership with Seattle Central’s Academic Advising
- Assistance with acquiring support from the Accessbility Resource Center
- Vocational readiness training and job placement assistance through our partner program, Mainstay
Fees for On-Going Support
Fees for SAILS are offered in two options each quarter:
- $2300 for on-going, quarterly support from counselor and tutor.
- Limited 10-hour block of quarterly support for $750
SAILS works in partnership with Seattle Central’s Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) that provide accommodations for students with disabilities. We can help you get set up with accommodations such as:
- Extra time on tests
- Sign Language interpreters
- Shared class notes
- Course readings in alternative formats
SAILS eligibility requirements and application
In order to qualify for the program you must:
- Have a documented diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or other learning disability.
- Submit a teacher' s letter of recommendation form.
- Complete your SAILS application and letter of recommendation forms to the address below.
SAILS 1701 Broadway, BE 3210 Seattle, WA 98122
Or email them as PDF documents to: Anja.Post@seattlecolleges.edu
Once we review your application for enrollment into the SAILS program, We will contact you within 48 hours.