Steps to Enroll
SAILS Enrollment Eligibility & Steps
To qualify for the program, you must:
- Be a current or prospective Seattle Central College student.
- Have a documented diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or another learning disability.
- Complete the online SAILS application.
- Communicate with a SAILS staff member to confirm expectations, eligibility, and fit for the program.
After submitting the application, a SAILS staff member will reach out in the following weeks for more information or to set up a meeting to see if SAILS is a good fit for your goals and needs.
SAILS accepts applications on a rolling basis.
However, we recommend that applications are submitted at least three months before the start of the quarter you would like to join.
- To start in the Fall Quarter, the priority deadline is June 1st.
- To start in the Winter Quarter, the priority deadline is October 1st.
- To start in the Spring Quarter, the priority deadline is January 1st.
- To start in the Summer Quarter, the priority deadline is March 1st.
Applications submitted after the priority deadlines will still be considered and accepted. The purpose of the priority deadlines is to provide a concrete date for applicants to apply by and to allow the SAILS team to ensure staff coverage.
Current SAILS students who are interested in renewing services will confirm details with the SAILS staff.
Fees for SAILS Services
Fees for SAILS are offered in two options each quarter:
- Tier 1: On-going, quarterly support from an academic coach for $2300.
- Tier 2: Limited 10-hour block of quarterly support for $750.
Please view the FAQ page for more information about SAILS enrollment fees. Financial assistance may be available.
If you have questions regarding SAILS services, enrollment, or fees, please contact us by completing the linked form or the following information.